(CURRENTLY ON HOLD)Original Character Commissions -
(CURRENTLY ON HOLD)Fan art Commissions -
OPEN. Please note me for details.Sketchcard Commissions -
OPEN. Click for more info
Ok, apparently advertising on Livejournal wasn't very effective, as my Project Manager is still asking for recommendations from the staff...one last time here then.STORYBOARD ARTIST WANTED FOR SALADIN TV SERIES!! (Malaysian residents only)
Website - [link]
Sample footage (Bahasa Malaysia ver.) - [link]General Duties and Responsibilities:
# Work closely with director to develop storyboard based on script given
# Receive written and verbal descriptions of a sequence from the Director
# Draw storyboards that depict the action, camera placement, and acting of the characters in that sequence
# Present the storyboards to the director and other members of the team
# Create new drawings to fix and change sequences throughout the production processBackground, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required at Minimum:
# Excellent illustration and visual storytelling skills
# Ability to transform script (English) to drawing board
# Ability to create story ideas and options to story ideas
# Excellent Composition and presentation skills
# Ability to present work in a clear and entertaining way
# Entertaining acting ideas
# Strong layout and design skills
# Strong, communicative draftsmanship
# Ability to work quickly, when necessary
# Ability to work collaboratively
# Basic knowledge of film is required, including language, acting, and craft
# Basic Photoshop experience recommended, but not requiredTo Apply for this Position:
Please submit in soft copy, your cover letter, current resume and sample artworks (in .jpeg) or url of your online portfolio to Desmond Lee, the Project Manager of the series at desmond(at)saladin(dot)tv
. Short listed candidates will be called for interview.Personal notes:
- For comic artists, it's a position that's not too challenging to adapt to because of similar disciplines. If you're a film buff, even better.
- Nice environment to work in, reasonable hours, TWO-DAY WEEKEND!! XD
- Working with an incredibly talented pool of artists is inspiring.
- The only place I've been where I can do display my acting (non)prowess in voice-overs for animatics with each new episode.
- It's an office full of GEEKS >
Movie debates happen quite often as we work.
- I have yet to stoop to begging my parents for money ;D
- Perhaps the only downside is that the Pre-Production studio is in Cyberjaya. But it shouldn't be a problem for those with cars. And even if you don't, car-pooling is an option if you stay in nearby areas.
At this point, those who do make the effort to apply stand a high chance of getting in. So please, send in your resumes. If my Production Manager still has to ask us for recommendations, I'll cry an emo tear.
---------------------------------------SALADIN THE ANIMATED SERIES GangClubs
(In the midst of compiling T_T)